Ecological wasp and hornet trap
The Protecta brand offers this trap to permanently attract and trap wasps, hornets - Asian hornet and flies outdoors, around your home.
Attracts and traps wasps and hornet
This ecological trap comes in the form of a polycarbonate and polypropylene bell. It has a bottom entry route and a hanging link to help you hang it up high.
The food liquid bait of the same brand (Not supplied: see here) must be placed in the center of the trap. The latter, specially formulated, will attract wasps and hornets around houses, swimming pools and in gardens. Insects will enter the Protecta Trap through the entryway below and become trapped inside. The liquid placed inside the trap includes a stabilizing agent and surfactants that facilitate the drowning of the trapped insects.
The main insects targeted are the common wasp (Vespula vulgaris), the Germanic wasp (Vespula germanica), the European hornet (Vespa cabro) and the Asian hornet (Vespa velutina). Nearby flies and gnats will also get trapped.
This wasp and hornet trap has been studied to ensure that the insects cannot come out: lower opening oriented towards the light and sufficiently wide diameter (but not too much). Due to its large capacity volume (2.4 litres), it provides excellent trapping capacity and avoids having to empty it too often.
Advantages of this wasp and hornet trap
+ Discreet, trapped insects cannot be seen through the lower green part
+ Easy to use: to be used standing or hanging
+ Very large trapping capacity of 2.4 liters
+ Eco-friendly and reusable
+ Does not attract bees or bumblebees (subject to use of the food bait of the same brand)
+ Successfully tested against the Asian Hornet
+ Also allows the capture of flies and gnats located around the trap
+ Acts immediately and odorless
How do I use liquid wasp bait ?
Open the trap by twisting the lid counter-clockwise.
- Pour 125 ml of food attractant.
- Add about 1 liter of water to reach the trap level mark.
- Close the trap and hang it sheltered from the wind. Can be positioned both in the sun and in the shade. The difference being the temperature, and therefore the evaporation of the attracting liquid.
- Top up the water level regularly, when necessary.
- Thanks to the attractant, the attracted insects quickly drown in the trap.
- As soon as the trap is saturated (after 10 -15 days of exposure depending on the quantity of insects trapped): empty it and renew the bait.
Penn'Ty Bio tips
Areas of use
- Habitat: terraces, surroundings of swimming pools and gardens.
- Fruit and wine growing areas.
- Control in beekeeping against the Asian hornet
Some examples of use
Penn'Ty Bio advice
The make-up of water or the renewal of the bait must be done early in the morning, giving time for the insects trapped the day before to drown during the night.
For use against the Asian hornet in the apiary, do not position during periods of weakening of bee colonies (cool spring, lack of resources during egg-laying periods).
Limit of use
- Do not place the trap less than 30 meters from a hive, in the event that the "Protecta" attractant is not used in it.
- Any use of household attractants (jam, syrup, etc.) is likely to trap bees and bumblebees.
1 trap, delivered in cardboard packaging.
Learn more about the Protecta brand
Protecta is a complete range of alternative solutions of natural origin for the amateur gardener. A wide range of biological products with pheromone traps, garden aids, solutions based on pyrethrum or diatomaceous earth. Their brand also offers a complete range of vegetable and flower seeds.
- Treatment against
- Treatment against
You might also like
16 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: