Food liquid bait for wasp and hornet traps – 500 ml
This 100% natural concentrated liquid bait will be ideal for trapping wasps and hornets. Ecological formulation specific to the targeted insects. Odorless and acts quickly whatever the temperature.
Natural attractant for ecological control
Does not attract bees or bumblebees
1 500 ml can = 4 trap fillings
Odourless and immediate effect
Attracts and traps wasps and hornet
This liquid bait comes in a concentrated form in a 500ml container. It is intended for the capture of wasps and hornets around houses, swimming pools and in gardens using the Protecta trap.
It is composed of extracts of food flavorings, acetic acid in aqueous solution.
The main insects targeted are the common wasp (Vespula vulgaris), the German wasp (Vespula germanica), and the hornet (Vespa cabro). Nearby flies and gnats will also get trapped.
On the other hand, its formulation has been developed so as not to attract bees or bumblebees.
Advantages of this liquid bait
+ Natural attractant allowing an ecological fight
+ Easy to use: to be diluted in water
+ Odorless and immediate effect whatever the temperature
+ Specific formulation for targeted insects: does not attract bees or bumblebees
+ Successfully tested against the Asian Hornet
+ Includes a stabilizer and surfactants to facilitate the drowning of trapped insects
+ Bottle allowing 4 fillings of the trap = up to 8 weeks of trapping
How do you use this liquid bait ?
Open the trap by twisting the lid counter-clockwise.
- Pour 125 ml of “Protecta bait” attractant.
- Add 250-300 ml of water to reach the trap level mark.
- Close the trap and hang it sheltered from the wind, if possible exposed to partial shade, partial sun.
- In high outside temperatures (>35°C), top up the water level regularly and hang the trap in the shade.
- Thanks to the attractant Protecta, the attracted insects quickly drown in the trap.
- As soon as the trap is saturated (after 10 -15 days of exposure): empty it and repeat the operation.
Penn'Ty Bio tips
Areas of use
- Habitat: terraces, surroundings of swimming pools and gardens.
- Fruit and wine growing areas.
- Control in beekeeping against the Asian hornet
Penn'Ty Bio advice
The make-up of water or the renewal of the bait must be done early in the morning, giving time for the insects trapped the day before to drown during the night.
For use against the Asian hornet in the apiary, do not position during periods of weakening of bee colonies (cool spring, lack of resources during egg-laying periods).
Limit of use
- Do not place the trap within 30 meters of a hive, in the event that the attractant Protecta is not used in it.
- Any use of household attractants (jam, syrup, etc.) is likely to trap bees and bumblebees.
Precautions for use
Keep the bottle out of reach of children and pets. Do not swallow. Store in its original bottle in a cool place. Read the label before use.
Learn more about the Protecta brand
Protecta is a complete range of alternative solutions of natural origin for the amateur gardener. A wide range of biological products with pheromone traps, garden aids, solutions based on pyrethrum or diatomaceous earth. Their brand also offers a complete range of vegetable and flower seeds.
- Treatment against
- Treatment against
You might also like
16 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: