Marseille Olive Soap Shavings - 750 grs
This Marseille soap, made using the traditional manufacturing process of cooking in cauldrons, is presented here in the form of shavings. They are designed from 100% vegetable oils, including olive oil with very interesting properties for the maintenance of your textiles in particular. Bag of 750 grams.
Marseille, cradle of soap production
For more than 800 years, the city of Marseille has been the cradle of the production of natural soap based on olive oil. In the 12th century, the city already had several soap factories, produced from oil extracted from olives harvested in Provence and natural soda from plants in the saline environments of the Camargue. Its specific climate is also conducive to the drying of soaps, by its heat and its wind, the famous Mistral. Marseille soap then enjoyed a strong reputation, which has still not disappeared to this day.
Marseille soap is a product resulting from the saponification of a mixture of vegetable oils. Very well known for its cleansing and moisturizing action, it is used both for personal hygiene but also for many routine maintenance in the house (laundry, dishes, cleaning of all kinds...).
These shavings (or flakes) are guaranteed without palm oil, without dye, without perfume and without preservatives. This product makes it possible to wash all delicate textiles (silk, wool, lace, etc.) with extreme gentleness. Its amphiphilic molecules trap grease and impurities so that they can be evacuated by simply rinsing with water.
Its hypoallergenic formulation is particularly recommended for cleaning baby clothes. It is a natural and effective alternative to all synthetic detergents.
Incorporated into your homemade cleaning products, they are perfect for gently washing your laundry or for cleaning all your surfaces, floors, dishes, etc. It's up to you !
Benefits of Marseille soap flakes The Corvette
+ Real (and authentic) Savon de Marseille according to the traditional manufacturing process of cooking in cauldrons
+ Effective traditional product very economical, and which can be kept for a long time
+ 100% natural origin, based on exclusively vegetable oils
+ Without palm oil, dye, perfume or preservative
+ Ideal for doing your own laundry or washing-up liquid
+ Fully biodegradable pure vegetable soap
+ Does not pollute and thus contributes to the protection of the environment
+ An ECOCERT certified soap
The authentic Savon de Marseille La Corvette
Internationally renowned, La Corvette Marseille soap is an authentic soap made with respect for tradition. Produced in an artisanal way, each soap is made from a fatty substance and olive oil. Based on ingredients of natural origin, it contains no dyes, perfumes, preservatives or synthetic additives. It has been produced since 1894 at the Savonnerie du Midi, in Marseille, according to the traditional manufacturing process of cooking in cauldrons, in order to perpetuate an authentic and artisanal know-how.
In addition, the Savonnerie du Midi is a founding member of the UPSM (Union of Soap Professionals of Marseille) which aims to promote and defend traditional Marseille soap. To this end, this private association has registered a collective mark which guarantees constant quality, respecting precise specifications :
- Its geographical origin : it must be made in Marseille and its region, a historical basin where Marseille soap is made
- Its manufacturing process : it must be cooked in a cauldron for around 7 to 10 days, according to the five stages of the Marseille process
- Its composition : Marseille soap must be composed of vegetable oils exclusively (no animal fat). It is fragrance-free, dye-free, preservative-free, additive-free.
In 2016, the UPSM decided to submit a file to the INPI (National Institute of Industrial Property), so that Marseille soap is recognized by an IGPIA (Geographical Indication for Industrial and Artisanal Products), and that he is thus included in the list of manufactured products soon to be labeled by public authorities. Marseille soap was the first industrial and artisanal specialty to seek this recognition because the law is recent and its last implementing decree was officially published on March 10, 2016. Alongside the UPSM, the Savonnerie du Midi is therefore very involved in defending the heritage values of Marseille soap and guaranteeing these customers compliance with the UPSM charter.
Instructions for use
Marseille soap shavings are ideal for taking care of your laundry and making your own ecological, natural and economical laundry !
- For machine washing : in a 2-litre recovery container, dissolve 60 g of shavings in 1 liter of very hot water. Shake. let stand 24 hours. Mix the resulting lye again and add 1 liter of cold water. Stir everything. You can add baking soda, essential oils to flavor it and/or white vinegar as a fabric softener. Pour 100 ml of the liquid obtained directly into your machine. Shake the detergent obtained before each use.
- For hand washing : in a basin, dissolve 10g of shavings in very hot water and soak the linen. Rub then rinse.
- The stain remover tip before washing : I take a few shavings of Marseille soap that I rub on my baby's stained bodysuits, pants and t-shirts.
- Recipe for dishwashing liquid : Boil 80 cl of water with 50 grams of Marseille soap flakes while mixing. Turn off the heat as soon as the water comes to a boil. Continue mixing until the soap is completely dissolved. Then remove from the heat and, while mixing, add 1 tablespoon of black soap, 2 tablespoons of white alcohol vinegar, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and finally 1 tablespoon of soda crystals. Leave to cool and then pour into a container. Tip: if the water in your city is very calcareous, you can add a little more white vinegar. This dishwashing liquid recipe is used like a commercial dishwashing product. Use real Marseille soap 72% vegetable oil, without coloring, without perfume, without olive-based glycerin. White, based on palm oil, may freeze the dishwashing liquid.
- Strollers and childcare equipment : Hypoallergenic, Marseille soap is ideal for the maintenance of childcare equipment such as strollers. Wash the removable covers in the machine with a detergent of Marseille soap flakes. For non-removable covers, wash with a sponge moistened with soap. For odorous and stubborn stains, rub with soap and a little baking soda, leave to act for a few hours to loosen the dirt then rinse. Allow to air dry well.
- Marseille soap as a degreasing cleaner for the walls, floors and surfaces of the house: dilute Marseille soap shavings in a small amount of hot water. Wash the surfaces of the house, the walls or floors and even your terrace using a brush broom or a sponge and rinse with clear water.
- Marseille soap against aphids : Dilute 2 tablespoons of finely grated Marseille soap flakes in a spray bottle and mix. Spray your natural anti-aphid directly on your plants, preferably at the beginning or end of the day. With this insecticide your plants and the environment will thank you! Renew if necessary, but in general, 2 to 3 treatments will be sufficient. A safe, ecological, economical and fast solution that really works.
- Base for cosmetic soap : Marseille soap shavings can be melted in a bain-marie to serve as a base for making soap bars for cosmetic use. Once liquid, remove this soap base from the bain-marie and add a few drops of essential oils, vegetable oil, or other cosmetic ingredients. Mix and let cool.
Black soap vs Marseille soap
How is this Marseille soap made ?
La Corvette Marseille soap is made in a cauldron, using a specific saponification process, called the “Marseille process”, comprising 5 steps that take around a week to ten days :
-Step 1: pasting, or chemical reaction of saponification
In a cauldron, the oils or fatty acids are successively loaded under moderate heating and the soda lye; everything is brought to a boil and the mass turns into an emulsion.
-2nd step : release
Since soap is insoluble in salt water, this operation consists of adding sea salt to drive the excess soda lye to the bottom of the cauldron, with the soap remaining on top.
-3rd step : cooking
This operation characterizes saponification and allows the complete transformation of vegetable oils into soap.
-Step 4: washing
The soap paste is refined by washings, carrying away glycerol, impurities and unsaponified fatty acids.
-5th stage : liquidation
A final wash with clear water brings the soap to its final state: a smooth and pure soap that has made the reputation of the Marseille process.
Savon 30% and more. Sodium Olivate (Saponified Olive Oil), Sodium Cocoate (Saponified Coconut Oil), Aqua (water), Sodium Chloride (sel), Sodium Hydroxide (Custic Sprinkle).
Marseille soap shavings are 100% natural. They are certified ECODETERGENT by Ecocert Greenlife according to ECOCERT repository.
Precautions and storage
Keep out of reach of children. Generally, keep properly closed, away from light and heat. Respect the recommended dosages. Don't interfere. Don't inhale.
Bag of 750 grs of shavings.
Learn more about Marseille soap ?
- Labels / certifications
- 750 gr
- Ideal for
- Ideal for
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
16 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: