Marseille Olive Soap Cube 72%
This real Marseille soap with olive oil is made in Marseille using the traditional manufacturing process of cooking in cauldrons. A real guarantee of quality for this soap many times copied, but never equaled. Can be used for body hygiene or as a cleaning product, for laundry or the home. Choice of cube of 300 or 500 grams.
Marseille, cradle of soap production
For more than 800 years, the city of Marseille has been the cradle of the production of natural soap based on olive oil. In the 12th century, the city already had several soap factories, produced from oil extracted from olives harvested in Provence and natural soda from plants in the saline environments of the Camargue. Its specific climate is also conducive to the drying of soaps, by its heat and its wind, the famous Mistral. Marseille soap then enjoyed a strong reputation, which has still not disappeared to this day.
Marseille soap is a product resulting from the saponification of a mixture of vegetable oils. Well known for its cleansing and moisturizing action, it is used both for personal hygiene but also for other needs such as household products.
Gentle on the skin, its hypoallergenic formulation is very popular with allergic, sensitive or irritated skin and is suitable for the whole family !
Benefits of La Corvette Marseille soap
+ Real (and authentic) Savon de Marseille according to the traditional manufacturing process of cooking in cauldrons
+ Effective traditional product very economical, and which can be kept for a long time
+ 100% natural origin, based on exclusively vegetable oils
+ Without palm oil, dye, perfume or preservative
+ Ideal for personal hygiene or home maintenance
+ Hypoallergenic and bactericidal virtues recognized by dermatologists
+ Fully biodegradable pure vegetable soap
+ Does not pollute and thus contributes to the protection of the environment
+ A soap certified COSMOS NATURAL by ECOCERT Greenlife according to the COSMOS standard
The authentic Savon de Marseille La Corvette
Internationally renowned, La Corvette Marseille soap is an authentic soap made with respect for tradition. Produced in an artisanal way, each soap is made from a fatty substance and olive oil. Based on ingredients of natural origin, it contains no dyes, perfumes, preservatives or synthetic additives. It has been produced since 1894 at the Savonnerie du Midi, in Marseille, according to the traditional manufacturing process of cooking in cauldrons, in order to perpetuate an authentic and artisanal know-how.
In addition, the Savonnerie du Midi is a founding member of the UPSM (Union of Soap Professionals of Marseille) which aims to promote and defend traditional Marseille soap. To this end, this private association has registered a collective mark which guarantees constant quality, respecting precise specifications :
- Its geographical origin : it must be made in Marseille and its region, a historical basin where Marseille soap is made
- Its manufacturing process : it must be cooked in a cauldron for around 7 to 10 days, according to the five stages of the Marseille process
- Its composition : Marseille soap must be composed of vegetable oils exclusively (no animal fat). It is fragrance-free, dye-free, preservative-free, additive-free.
In 2016, the UPSM decided to submit a file to the INPI (National Institute of Industrial Property), so that Marseille soap is recognized by an IGPIA (Geographical Indication for Industrial and Artisanal Products), and that he is thus included in the list of manufactured products soon to be labeled by public authorities. Marseille soap was the first industrial and artisanal specialty to seek this recognition because the law is recent and its last implementing decree was officially published on March 10, 2016. Alongside the UPSM, the Savonnerie du Midi is therefore very involved in defending the heritage values of Marseille soap and guaranteeing these customers compliance with the UPSM charter.
Marseille soap is recognized as an exceptional product for its many virtues and its multiple uses, for personal hygiene or for ecological maintenance of the house. List below not exhaustive.
- Marseille soap for the toilet of the whole family : it can replace shower gels, synthetic soaps and even shampoo! Hypoallergenic, it is recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skin (eczema, allergies, etc.).
- Marseille soap as shaving foam : it foams a lot and can be used as shaving foam for men's beards or as shaving soap for legs.
- Marseille soap to soothe wounds and help heal abrasions.
- Face, oily skin : Marseille soap with a higher pH than that of the skin is well suited to skin prone to excess sebum. It deeply cleanses the skin and eliminates impurities encrusted in the pores. Moisturize well afterwards with your usual day care.
- Make-up brush and sponge : Thanks to its degreasing power, Marseille soap is ideal for deep cleaning and removing any foundation and powder residue. Its gentle formula allows regular maintenance without damaging the delicate bristles of the brushes.
For the maintenance of the house and your exteriors
- Marseille soap as a stain remover : rub the stain dry with a block of moistened soap. Distribute the foam on the garment, leave for 10 minutes then rinse with water.
- Marseille soap as a detergent : grate your block of soap with a cheese grater. Dilute a handful of the chips obtained (60g) in 1L of hot water. Shake and leave for 24 hours. Stir again and add 1L of cold water, your ecological detergent is ready to use! Shake well before each use.
- Clean your mask with Marseille soap : It is important to treat our fabric masks as we treat our hands: wash them every time you come home. To clean your mask nothing better than Marseille soap! Rub your mask with a La Corvette olive cube and warm water for at least 2 minutes, making sure to penetrate all the crevices of the mask, as you do with your hands. Leave to soak for at least 5 minutes and rinse your mask with clear water (and not in foamy water). Allow to air out for at least a day in a safe, disinfected space, to allow any potential virus particles to dissipate on their own. You can also steam iron your mask once completely dry.
- Marseille soap as a degreasing cleaner for the walls, floors and surfaces of the house: dilute Marseille soap shavings in a small amount of hot water. Wash the surfaces of the house, the walls or the floors using a brush broom or a sponge and rinse with clear water.
- Marseille soap against aphids : Dissolve about 20 grams of grated Marseille soap in 1 liter of water and spray this solution on the leaves of your plant. Renew if necessary, but in general, 2 to 3 treatments will be sufficient. A safe, ecological, economical and fast solution that really works.
Traveling : Practical and economical, Marseille soap is a minimalist multi-use product perfect for travelling. Minimalist luggage guaranteed !
Did you know ? Marseille soap helps relieve cramps and rheumatism! Just place a piece of Marseille soap between the sheets, just at the bottom of the bed. Just as you can leave it to dry in your wardrobes and cupboards, it will keep moths away from your clothes and delicately perfume your laundry.
Why is 72% oil listed ?
How is this Marseille soap made ?
La Corvette Marseille soap is made in a cauldron, using a specific saponification process, called the “Marseille process”, comprising 5 steps that take around a week to ten days :
-Step 1: pasting, or chemical reaction of saponification
In a cauldron, the oils or fatty acids are successively loaded under moderate heating and the soda lye; everything is brought to a boil and the mass turns into an emulsion.
-2nd step : release
Since soap is insoluble in salt water, this operation consists of adding sea salt to drive the excess soda lye to the bottom of the cauldron, with the soap remaining on top.
-3rd step : cooking
This operation characterizes saponification and allows the complete transformation of vegetable oils into soap.
-Step 4: washing
The soap paste is refined by washings, carrying away glycerol, impurities and unsaponified fatty acids.
-5th stage : liquidation
A final wash with clear water brings the soap to its final state: a smooth and pure soap that has made the reputation of the Marseille process.
Sodium Olivate (Saponified Olive Oil), Sodium Cocoate (Saponified Coconut Oil), Aqua (water), Sodium Chloride (sel), Sodium Hydroxide (Custic Sprinkle).
Le Savon de Marseille La Corvette is a 100% natural product certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to the COSMOS repository.
Choose : Marseille soap dish of 300 grs or 500 grs.
The Bonus info : The weight indicated corresponds to the weight taken on the fresh soap. As it dries, the soap loses its water and therefore its weight. The quality of the soap is better because it contains less water and a higher percentage of oil.
Want to know more about Marseille soap ?
For more information on Marseille soap, please consult our thematic dossier.
- Labels / certifications
- Labels / certifications
- Cosmos Organic
- Key assets
- Ideal for
- Ideal for
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
16 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: