How to use essential oil ?
Use: 3 main principles
A thousand and a way to use a essential oil. you will benefit from these therapeutic qualities combined with fresh, enchanting or deep fragrances. Your imagination will do the rest !
Examples of uses:
- Pure (linges, diffusers)
- Diluted in alcohol, vinegar, liquid soap.
- Added vegetable oils to create its own massage oil
Different modes of use
Essential oils are used primarily by external means. for internal use, the advice of a qualified aromatherapist is recommended, for questions of dosage and potential toxicity of certain oils.
Here are the 6 large families of use of essential oils:
Dilution required on a support. requires a request for advice from a professional health.
Some essential oils can be used internally as for example: to promote good digestion (Roman camomile, basil, orange,) to stimulate the body's defenses (tea tree, ravinstara, eucalyptus radiata). they must never be absorbed pure or directly on the tongue. to dilute and incorporate essential oils in a homogeneous way, mix them well in vegetable oils, honey, possibly in yoghurt or neutral tablets. They can also be used in your kitchen (for certified essential oils ab). 1 to 2 drops are enough to perfume your dishes in an original and sustainable way. be careful to respect the precautions of use on the technical sheets of essential oils.
Pure use or diluted according to oil. essential oils have remarkable skin penetration power. They must be diluted in vegetable oil before use. depending on their skin tolerance, dilution can vary greatly from one essential oil to another.
Medium dosage: 10 to 50 drops of essential oil(s) in 100 ml of vegetable oil.
Exception: some oils such as lavender, geranium and tea tree can be applied directly on the skin
Local application or friction: Essential oils can be applied locally, in soft massage or friction: ideal for relieving muscles after effort, eliminating orange skin, re-elasting and supple skin.
Essential oils can also be used as cosmetic assets. possible addition in some of your home cosmetics. Add to cold, at the end of preparation, up to 2% for a face care or 5% for a body care.
In the bath
15 to 20 drops of essential oil(s) added to the bath water (180 litres) is one of the ways to combine the use with the pleasant. Attention: never add pure essential oils in the bath: dilute them in a tablespoon of milk or other dispersing (e.g., large salt, vinegar, honey, egg yolk -- see our paragraph at the bottom of the back). do not use the essential peppermint oil in the bath: risk of thermal shock.
In atmospheric diffusion
The diffusion of essential oils is undoubtedly one of the best ways to clean up the atmosphere at home or at work. has the help of a broadcaster or mist suitable, you can spray essential oil or mixture of essential oils without any thermal effect and therefore without risk of altering the active principles of essential oil.
Other tips: A few drops on a handkerchief, a few drops on a buffer inserted in the car's ventilation.
About an hour of daily diffusion allows to rid the premises and working atmospheres of bad smells and infectious germs. It is also a natural way to hunt insects in the summer and pleasantly perfume the atmosphere.
A few drops of essential oils in a bowl of hot water are enough to get the desired effect, due to their localized diffusion. 2 to 3 drops of essential eucalyptus oils, spruce pine, tea tree or thyme to clear the airways. To tone and clean the skin, in facial sauna, we will use hysope, geranium.
The use of essential compressed hulls gives good results in local application. to soften, calm inflammation, heal low-range injuries, superficial cuts and light burns. dilute a few drops of essential oils in a vegetable oil, then incorporate the preparation on a humidified hot compress.
Pure and natural certified organic essential oils
Attention by buying essential oils. Some unscrupulous merchants offer species of plants, concentrated, natural fragrances. the only and true guarantee that essential oil is a true, pure, natural and certified organic, is the certification of it. all essential oils sold on our site bear either the ab label, or nature and progress
Massage : a well-made for the body
The massage is the fastest way to enjoy the benefits of a essential oil. you will use it mixed with vegetable oil as the sweet almond. Some oils can be applied pure on the skin, but the majority must be diluted. respect the job precautions indicated for each essential oil like basil (max. 0.5%). a skin test, in the elbow fold, can be performed to verify its own sensitivity to a given essential oil.
Create your own massage oil, except against specified indication, the recommended essential oil concentration is:
- Face oil: 1 to 2 % (20 to 40 drops for 10 cl)
- Body massage oil: from 2 to 5% (40 to 100 drops for 10 cl)
- Care oil: from 5 to 8% (1 to 1.5 teaspoon for 10 cl)
Use of a massage oil:
We must insist on making the essences penetrate. Thus, aromatic principles will produce all their effects.
- On the solar plexus, to vitalize and regenerate your forces.
- Along the spinal column, on the sole of the feet or on your wrists for relaxation and relaxation.
- Stomach and stomach for all small problems of bloating and flatulence.
- In the bottom of the back for aphrodisiac massages.
But essential oils can also be used to:
- Respiratory tracts inhalation, a few drops of oil ( 2 for mint) in a bowl of water at 45°, deep breathing.
- Gargarisms: 1 to 2 drops in a glass of boiled water (do not swallow).
- Skin care: add a few drops of oil (2)% to your skin care cream.
- Hair care: add 20 drops of essential oil for a glass of your shampoo.
- Shower: 3 to 4 drops on a wet glove and friction the body.
Change the atmosphere according to the pieces
Customize your home and make a journey dedicated to the awakening of all your senses. for that it is very simple, it is enough to:
- A few drops of essential oil to revive the aroma of a pot-pourri or dried flowers. spread in all parts of the cotton balls filled with oils.
- Deodorizing: Dilue from 1 to 2% essential oils in alcohol (the vodka would be very effective, but alcohol at 90° can also do it!). we can add distilled water in the proportion we wish. The more water there is, the faster the mixture falls, and the more wet it. not to exceed 10% water. in our deodorizing, there must be about 5.%.
- Diffuse essential oils using special broadcasters dedicated to aromatherapy. this regular practice removes the ambient air from pathogenic germs and prevents microbial diseases by strengthening immune defences.
- Diffuse oils using a burn-parfum : Put a little water in the burn-perfum cup, light the candle placed below, and pour a few drops of essential oil into the water. 'Oil overshadows and evaporates, as water heats, in the ambient air chasing bad odors, creating a space of comfort and well-being.
- Diffuse oils using indoor diffuser (sponger): protected in its pot, it will take place in any place (house, office, car). just open it to breathe and enjoy at any time the benefits of essential oils.
- Diffuse oils using a bulb round : placed on an electric bulb or suspended, the round in terracotta is filled with essential oil. to restore it when the bulb heats. very quick but short action that immediately removes unpleasant odors just pour a few drops of essential oil on the bulb round when you want it and light the light
- Diffuse essential oils in your car using our special cars. the oarma car (branch on the cigar light) or the ceramic diffuser that is fixed on the ventilation grid.
How to choose its essential oils ?
Customize your home and make a journey dedicated to the awakening of all your senses. for that it is very simple, it is enough to:
A few drops of essential oil to revive the aroma of a pot-pourri or dried flowers. spread in all parts of the cotton balls filled with oils.
Micro diffusion (also called nebulisation)
Micro diffusion remains the most effective method for the diffusion of essential oils (no changes in the chemical structure). compressed air transforms essential oils into millions of ionized micro particles that fill the room in seconds. It is not simply the aroma but the entire oil that is diffused in a very fine fog approaching the aerosol. It is only by this method that all the properties of essential oils deploy in the air. Discover all our micro-diffusion diffuser models.
Some mixing ideas
- Calm and rest for your children's room: married tangerine with lavender.
- Clean and fresh for your kitchen: lemon and bergamote.
- Warm atmosphere for your living room: an orange lavender blend.
- For your room, choose an exotic and promising mix: ylang-ylang and bergamote.
- To remove flies and mosquitoes: eucalyptus and lemongrass
Customize your daily life with essential oils
A few drops of essential oil
- On your clothes and home clothes, in your toilet kit, your shoes, your mail
- On a cotton ball put in your car gloves box
- On a linen that you put in your dryer
- Added to your softener for washing machine
The aromatic bath
The bath (integral, feet, hands,). essential oils will provide you well-being and relaxation. their primary virtues are to relax and eliminate stress that often block the vital functions of the body. but attention : Most essential oils are not naturally water-soluble, so difficult to incorporate into the bath water. Do not use tensio-active products (liquid soap type), which solubilize lipids in essential oils and thus make them hydrosoluble.
These foaming baths act as detergents and attack the epidermis by removing it from the protective film and chemically destroy the original composition of the essential oil, and alter its active ingredients.
Several solutions are at your disposal to facilitate the dilution of essential oils in water, without altering their properties. whatever the method, plan about ten drops of essential oil that you will mix with the product and then pour into the bath water.
- Dispersants or neutral base, allow to incorporate 5 to 10% essential oils:
- The big salt: pour essential oils over 50g of salt
- Cider vinegar: dilut essential oils in a cup of vinegar
- Milk: dilute essential oils in a 1/4 litre of milk
- Egg yolk: dilute essential oils in egg yellow (exclude white)
Choose your essential oil:
- Cellulite : grapefruit, cypress, lemon, rosemary
- Traffic : cypress, lemon
- Insomnia : lavender, orange, tangerine, Ylang-Ylang
- Stress : cedar wood, pine, Ylang-Ylang
Essential oils and children
Essential oils are very powerful. they are to be used in moderation and in full compliance with the usage precautions for each of them. prohibition of use of essential oils on children under 3 years of age. Some manufacturers even indicate up to 7 years. Let's say that from 3 years on, all doses are divided by two or three to not risk anything. Precisely, soft essential oils such as citrus or the synergies to be disseminated specifically for children are preferred. (example: our synergy Dreams of children)
Essential winter oils
Winter comes with its colds, cough, sinusitis. essential oils can help you fight all these small bobos that are often not very serious, but really boring. You can use these oils in diffusion, inhalation and massage. to be more effective, don't hesitate to mix them together. Attention to overdose, inhalation with more than 10 drops becomes very difficult to breathe, especially with eucalyptus! a mixture that we find particularly effective in inhalation, for all the problems of mouthy nose, cold. it is a mixture of eucalyptus + pine sylvestre + tea tree (you can use eucalyptus globulus or radiata that is softer )
- Antibacterial : basil, lemon, eucalyptus, aspic lavender, peppermint, niaouli, palmarosa, pine sylvestre, ravensare, rosemary, tea tree.
- Antitussive : Cypress, eucalyptus.
- Antiviral : lemon, eucalyptus, aspic lavender, peppermint, niaouli, palmarosa, ravensare, tea tree.
- Expectorant : eucalyptus, aspic lavender, niaouli, pine sylvestre, ravensare, rosemary.
- Mucolytics : eucalyptus, rosemary.
8 major categories of essential oils
To quickly identify the main family for which essential oil can be used Laboratoire Gravier, our main supplier, has imagined small pictograms that are found on each of the boxes according to the destination. Here they are:
- Bergamote (citrus bergamia)
- Roman camomile (chamaemelum nobile)
- Lavender (lavandula angustifolia)
- Lavandin super (lavandula hybrida)
- Mandarin (citrus reticulata)
- Orange (citrus sinensis)
- Small grain bigarade (citrus aurantium ss amara)
- Basil (ocimum basilicum)
- Marjolaine (origanum majorana)
- Cedar of the atlas (cedrus atlantica)
- Lemon (citrus limon)
- Cyprès (cupressus sempervirens)
- Italian helichryse (helichrysum italicum)
- Grapefruit (citrus paradisi)
- Cinnamon (cinnamommum zeylanicum)
- Peppermint (mentha piperita)
- Clove (eugenia caryophyllus)
- Origan (origanum compactum)
- Ravintsara (cinnamommum camphora)
- Tea tree (melaleuca alternifolia)
- Thyme thyme (thymus vulgaris)
- Lemon (cymbopogon winterianus)
- Geranium (pelargonium asperum)
- Patchouli (pogostemon cablin)
- Slaughtered sage (salvia sclarea)
- Ylang (cananga odorata)
- Eucalyptus citriodora (eucalyptus citriodora)
- Gaulthérie (gaultheria fragrantissima)
- Juniper berries (juniperus communis)
- Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus globulus)
- Eucalyptus radiata (eucalyptus radiata)
- Niaouli (lelaleuca viridiflora)
- Romarin camphré (rosmarinus officinalis)
- Pine sylvestre (pinus sylvestris)
Attention: the information on this page is provided for information purposes only. They come from scientific works of recognized authors and can in no case constitute medical information or engage the responsibility of the company penn'ty bio. for any use of essential oils for a therapeutic purpose, we invite you to consult a specialist in essential oils.
Measurements and concentrations
- Essential oils are very active concentrates. Also, it is important to respect the doses, by the drop. Moreover, beyond a certain quantity, there is a level effect and the effects no longer cross proportionally to the dose.
- 20 drops = about 1 ml
- 100 drops = about 5 ml or 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon = about 20 ml
You will get a concentration of about 1% by putting:
- 1 drop in 1 teaspoon
- 4 drops in a tablespoon
- 20 drops in 10 cl