Ecological wasp and hornet trap - Protecta
The Protecta brand offers this trap to permanently attract and trap wasps, hornets - Asian hornet and flies outdoors, around your home.
This ecological trap is presented as a polycarbonate and polypropylene bell. It has an entrance path down and a suspension link to help you hang it up in height.
Food liquid bait of the same brand (see here) must be placed in the centre of the trap. The latter, specially formulated, will attract wasps and frescoes in the vicinity of houses, swimming pools and gardens. Insects will fall into the trapProtecta by the entranceway below and will be trapped inside. The liquid placed inside the trap includes a stabilizer agent and tensio-active agents facilitating the drowning of insect traps.
The main target insects are the Common Guêpe (Vespula vulgaris), the Germanic (Vespula germanica), the European frelon (Vespa cabro) and the Asian frelon (Vespa velutina). The flies and flyers nearby will also be trampled.
This trap was designed to ensure that insects could not emerge: a light-oriented lower opening and a sufficiently wide diameter (but not too much). Due to its high capacity volume (2.4 litre), it allows excellent trapping capacity and avoids having to empty it too often.
The + of this trap wasps and frelons
+ Discrete, insect traps are not seen through the green lower part
+ Employment practice: to be used laid or suspended
+ Very large trapping capacity of 2.4 litres
+ Ecologic and reusable
+ N'attire ni abeilles, ni bourdons (subject to use the food bait of the same brand)
+ Tested successfully against Asian frelon
+ Also allows the capture of flies and flyers located around the trap
+ Act immediately and without smell
How do we use this anti-guêpe liquid bait?
Open the trap by turning the lid in the opposite direction of the clock needles.
- Pour 125 ml of food attractive.
- Add about 1 litre of water to reach the level marker of the trap.
- Refer to the trap and suspend it away from the wind. Can be positioned both in the sun and in the shade. The difference being the temperature, and thus the evaporation of the attractive liquid.
- Complete the water level regularly, when necessary.
- Thanks to the attractive, the caught insects quickly drown in the trap.
- As soon as the trap is saturated (after 10-15 days of exposure following quantity of insects trapped): empty it and renew the bait.
Areas of use
- Habitat: terraces, swimming pools and gardens.
- Fruit and wine fields.
- Beekeeping fight against Asian frelon
Some examples of use
The advice Penn'Ty Bio
The water supply or renewal of the bait must be done early in the morning, leaving time for insects trapped the day before drowning during the night.
For use against the Asian rucher frelon, do not position during the fragilization of bees colonies (fresh spring, lack of resources during bridge periods).
Limit of use
- Do not place the trap less than 30 meters from a hive, in case the attractive “Protecta would not be used in this.
- Any use of domestic attractive (confiture, syrup...) is likely to result in bee trapping and bumblebees.
Packaging: 1 trap, delivered in cardboard packaging
You might also like
16 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: