Food moth trap – x2
Kapo Vert adhesive food moth trap. Protects all your foodstuffs. Attracts and neutralizes male moths which, once trapped in the glued part, can no longer fertilize females. Reproduction stops and the infestation is checked. Effective 6 weeks. Set of 2 traps.
Fight against the food moth
Food moths (also called food moths or moths) are tiny lepidopteran butterflies listed under several subspecies based on their preferred food.
The most common mites in our regions attack, depending on the species, dry foodstuffs : cereals, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, dried fruits, pasta, semolina, chocolate products, tea, spices, animal feed, etc.
At the time of reproduction, females secrete an odorous substance (called a pheromone) which attracts males. It is precisely this principle that the Kapo trap uses. Thanks to a synthetic pheromone integrated at the level of the encolated part, the trap attracts the males who remain prisoners of the encolate part and can no longer fertilize the females. The risk of a new infestation is then greatly reduced.
Advantages Kapo Vert food moth trap
+ Preventive effect. Immediate action
+ Without insecticide. Safe for foodstuffs.
+ Free from harmful substances for humans, pets and the environment.
+ Constant effectiveness for 6 weeks.
+ Protects against moths, moths, moths: flour, pasta, cereals, dried fruits, tea, ...
+ Use for kitchen cupboards and attics.
- The traps can be placed in all places where foodstuffs are stored: kitchen cupboard, warehouses, attic, etc.
- Male moths are attracted by a sex hormone (pheromones) die stuck on the trap.
- Without a male, reproduction is stopped, the risk of a new infestation is then greatly reduced.
How to use these traps ?
- The best time to use these traps is from March to September
- Arrange 1 trap per cupboard, 2 or more for large volumes
- Hang or secure the trap vertically on the bottom wall of the cupboard or near the food storage area
- Remove the protection from the glued part.
- Replace the trap after 6 weeks or as soon as the surface is covered with insects
- The presence of winged moths in the kitchen or the deterioration of food are signs of infestation (zigzag flight).
- In order to check if you are really infested, place a first trap (between March and September)
- In case of infestation, clean the cupboards well and throw away the soiled foodstuffs if necessary. Close cupboards and storage rooms. This product should not be used in areas where unpackaged food or feed products are kept.
Pheromones ((Z,E)-tetradeca-9.12-dienyl acetate): 2 mg/trap in the impregnation solution. TP19
Each box contains 2 traps of 13cm x 9cm
Precautions for use
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with the product (adhesive surface). Use biocidal products with care. Before use, read the label and product information. After contact with skin: Wash immediately with soap and water and rinse well. If skin irritation persists, seek medical attention. After contact with the eyes: wash with water, keeping the eyelids open for several minutes. If the problems persist, consult a doctor. This product should not be used in areas where unpackaged food or feed products are kept. The trap can be removed without trace and disposed of with household waste. Do not dispose of residues in sewers and in surface and ground waters. Dispose of the packaging and its contents in accordance with the national regulations in force. Soiled packaging and unused product must be disposed of in the recycling center.
Want to know more about the food moth ?
To find out more about the food moth, do not hesitate to consult our thematic file.
A quick word about the Kapo Vert range
Since 1965, Kapo has been bringing serenity and well-being by protecting your home from insects.
Kapo Vert, these are anti-insect solutions with mechanical action or of vegetable, biological or mineral origin for an effective and responsible fight.
A solution adapted to each problem, with the greatest respect for the user.
- Types of insects
- Flying insects
- Ready to use
- Mode of application
- Treatment against
- Wheat weevil
- Treatment against
- Drugstore beetle
- Treatment against
- Food moth
10 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: