Blabs, or cockroaches
Did you see the blaps or cockroaches behind closets, in your laundry room, in your cellar? Find in this folder a set of answers and products that will allow you to fight these insects best.
Size: 1 to 3 cm (following species)
Location: any habitat and local
Period: all year
What you need to know about the cockroach
Four species can be found in our homes:
- The eastern blaps (blatta orientalis): medium size (2 to 3 cm) and black color, it is the least frilt of the four.
- Germanic blaps (blattella germanica): small size (1 to 1.5 cm) and yellowish brown colour.
- The American blaps (periplanetta america) is the largest of the four ( 3 to 4 cm).
- The furniture cockroach (supella longipalpa) is the smallest (about 1 cm). Its particularity is to deposit these eggs on the furniture, hence its name. Be careful when you buy used furniture.
Native to hot countries, this insect can only live in buildings sheltered from the cold. It is mainly found in buildings in the city where central heating and abundant detritus (a rotating plant material) allows it to find all the conditions ideal for its proliferation.
Cockroaches have a quite varied diet: they eat everything they find within their reach: wallpapers, food remains, hair, skin, leather. Moreover, cannibals, they do not hesitate to devour each other.
Their way of life and the unhealthy places they frequent, cause them many diseases like diarrhea, salmonellosis, gastroenteritis, etc.
Cockroaches are light, that is to say they run away at all speeds as soon as they see light. they nest in dark places (canalizations, ducts, motors, ...) and circulate to all floors of a building. If an apartment is infested, the others are probably too.
In addition to the treatment, it will be necessary to intervene on 3 major points:
1 - reduce access to water
- repair valves or pipes that run
- provide good ventilation
- close the toilet bowls
- put out of reach, at night, the water of domestic animals
- not letting go of glass or bottles
2 - delete food sources
- put out of reach, at night, food of pets
- throw your kitchen waste in plastic bags, arranged in hermetically closed trash
- store your food in hermetically closed boxes
- don't let shovels or dirty dishes
- regularly clean your kitchen and especially where fat accumulates
3 - reduce their shelters
- install in any air vent or air inlet, a small metal filter
- seal any crevasse or crack in the wall corners
How to eliminate cockroaches ?
Cafard being a particularly resistant insect, even chemical insecticides, you will have to respect these few rules:
1 - Spray or 4j insecticide All insects diluted to 5% or insecticide All pests, either'insecticide givrant effect, directly on insects and in kidneys, slots, back folds, etc.
All pistal insects are particularly effective for slit treatment. Insecticide 4j for surface treatment.
2 - Use of cockroach traps which will allow you to locate, reduce and control their presence.
3 - Sprinkle all infested or passing places, behind furniture, folds, etc. with our diatomaceous earth. for action in the smallest corners, small holes and interstices difficult to access, prefer the spray diatom in the form of aerosol.
4 - A preventive title, you can apply our repulsive insect habitat. This will keep them away.
5 - Another effective solution will complement your treatment: fumigation. for that fogger habitat: Insecticide based on plant-based assets (pyrethre + géraniol) for the background treatment of habitat. very volatile, the solution is deposited in the smallest corners where pests and insects are located. immediate and prolonged action, up to 4 months. 3 different formats exist: 75ml for treatment less than 15m2, 150ml, for treatment less than 30 m2. Finally, 250ml, for treatment greater than 30m2.
Directly access the detailed product sheets to fight cockroaches.
*pae: ready for employment
Frequently asked questions about cockroaches
R: After consumption of cockroach granules, it is necessary to plan between 5 and 7 days before they begin to die.
R: If you're infested with cockroaches, it's likely that you're not alone. You have to start talking to your neighbours, trustee or guardian and check if other apartments are concerned. If this is the case, then it requires a complete treatment of the building and not just your apartment, otherwise it is useless. If you are alone, then you can use our traps and granules.
R: A personal title not much. It is at the hotel to make a treatment of the whole building, otherwise it is no use.
R: I'm sorry but we don't have a cockroach repellent and our insecticides are not suitable for you. We advise you to use cockroach traps but also to take all preventive measures to prevent them from proliferating.