ECOCONTROL is a German verification and certification body for ecological, natural and organic products.
ECOCONTROL is also a quality system certifying body in the ecological field.
ECOCONTROL acts only in the non-food sector.
ECOCONTROL certifies for example
- The ones. environmental raw materials based on plants used in biological cosmetics (normalized BDIH for example).
- The ones. processes producers and manufacturers of natural and organic raw materials used for organic cosmetics and detergents.
- The ones. raw materials used for production and manufacturing in accordance with EEC Directive 2092/91 on organic farming.
The main principles used in certifications are
- In the entire production or processing chain no genetically modified organism shall be present.
- No fossil product (or indirectly based on fossil product) is used directly or indirectly.
- Where possible the ecological quality of products is based on international standards. When this is not possible ecological quality is based on the ecological criteria of raw materials and finished product.