Soap cube olive marseille 72% - the corvette
This is genuine Marseille soap with olive oilis made in Marseille according to the traditional boiler cooking process. A true quality gage for this soap repeatedly copied, but never equalled. Useable for thehygiene or maintenance product, for the linge or house. Choose from 300 or 500 grams.
Marseille, cradle of soap production
For more than 800 years, the city of Marseille is the birthplace of natural soap production based on olive oil. In the 12th century, the city already has several soap factories, produced from the oil extracted from olives harvested in Provence and natural soda from the plants of the salin environments of Camargue. Its specific climate is also conducive to the drying of soaps, by its heat and wind, the famous Mistral. The soap of Marseille then enjoys a strong reputation, which has not yet disappeared.
Marseille soap is a product from the saponification of a mixture of vegetable oils. Very well known for its cleansing and moisturizing action, it is used both for body hygiene and for other needs such as household products.
Soft for the skin, its hypoallergenic formulation is highly appreciated by allergic, sensitive or irritated skins and is suitable for the whole family!
The + soap of Marseille La Corvette
+Veritable (and authentic) Marseille soap according to the traditional boiler cooking process
+Pefficient traditional, very economical, and long-standing
+100% natural origin, based on exclusively vegetable oils
+Without palm oil, without coloring, without perfume or preservative
+Ideal for body hygiene or home maintenance
+Hypoallergenic and bactericidal Vertus recognized by dermatologists
+Fully biodegradable pure vegetable soap
+Ne does not pollute and thus contributes to the protection of the environment
+A soap certified COSMOS NATURAL by ECOCERT Greenlife according to the COSMOS repository
The authentic Savon de Marseille La Corvette
Internationally renowned, the soap of Marseille La Corvette is an authentic soap made in accordance with tradition. Each soap is made from a fatty body and olive oil, produced in an artisanal way. Based on ingredients of natural origin, it does not present any colour, fragrance, curative or synthetic adjuvant. Since 1894, it has been manufactured at the Savonnerie du Midi in Marseille, according to the traditional process of cooking with boilers, in order to perpetuate authentic and artisanal know-how.
In addition, the Savonnerie du Midi is a founding member of the UPSM (Union des Professionnels du Savon de Marseille) which aims to promote and defend the soap of traditional Marseille. To this end, this private association has filed a collective mark that guarantees constant quality, respecting a specific specifications:
- Its geographical origin: it must be made in Marseille and in its region, historical soap making basin of Marseille
- Its manufacturing process: it must be cooked in a boiler for about 7 to 10 days, depending on the five steps of the Marseillais process
- Its composition: Marseille soap must be composed of vegetable oils exclusively (no animal fat). It is without perfume, without coloring, without preservatives, without additives.
In 2016, the UPSM decided to present a file with the INPI (Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle), so that the soap of Marseille is recognized by an IGPIA (Geographical indication for Industrial and Artisanal Products), and thus appears in the list of manufactured products soon labeled by public authorities. The soap of Marseille was the first industrial and artisanal specialty to brittle this recognition because the law is recent and its last implementing decree was officially published on March 10, 2016. Along with the UPSM, the Savonnerie du Midi is therefore very involved in the defense of the heritage values of the soap of Marseille and guarantees to these customers the respect of the UPSM charter.
Instructions for use
Marseille soap is recognized as an exceptional product for its many virtues and multiple uses, for hygiene or for an ecological maintenance of the house. Non-exhaustive list below.
- Marseille soap for the toilet of the whole family : it allows to replace shower gels, synthetic soaps and even shampoo! Hypoallergenic, it is recommended by dermatologists for sensitive skins (eczema, allergies, etc.).
- Marseille soap as a shaving foam: it foams a lot and can be used as shaving foam for the beard of men or as shaving soap for legs.
- Marseille soap to soothe the wounds and help with the healing of the stains.
- Visage, oily skin: The Marseille soap with a higher ph than the skin is well suited to skins subject to excess sebum. It thoroughly cleanses the skin and eliminates impurities inlaid in pores. Moisturize after with your usual day care.
- Skin and makeup sponge:Marseille's soap with its degreasing power is ideal to thoroughly clean, and remove any residue from a dyed background and powder. Its soft formula allows regular maintenance without damaging the delicate hair of the brushes.
For the maintenance of the house and your outdoors
- The soap of Marseille as a detachment: rub dry with a humidified soap block. Distribute the foam on the garment, let stand 10 minutes and rinse with water.
- The soap of Marseille as the laundry : rake your soap block with a cheese greed. Dilute a handful of shavings obtained (60g) in 1L of hot water. Shake and let rest 24 hours. Fill again and add 1L of cold water, your ecological laundry is ready for use! Shake well before each use.
- Clean his soap mask from Marseille: It is important to treat our tissue masks as we treat our hands: wash them every time we return home. To clean his mask nothing better than Marseille soap! Rub your mask with an olive cube The Corvette and hot water for at least 2 minutes while making sure to penetrate all the crevasses of the mask, as you do with your hands. Let soak for at least 5 minutes and rinse your mask with clear water (not in foam water). Let air for at least one day in a safe and disinfected space, to allow all potential viral particles to dissipate themselves. You can also iron your steam mask once completely dry.
- Marseille soap as a degreasing cleaner for the walls, floors and surfaces of the house: dilute soap shavings from Marseille in a small amount of hot water. Wash the house surfaces, walls or floors using a brush broom or a sponge and rinse with clear water.
- Marseille soap against aphids:Dissolve about 20 grams of Marseille soap grated in 1 litre of water and spray this solution on the leaves of your plant. Renew if necessary, but in general, 2 to 3 treatments will be sufficient. A safe, ecological, economic and fast solution that really works.
Travel: Practical and economical, Marseille soap is a minimalistic multi-use product perfect for travelling. Guaranteed minimalist baggage!
Did you know? Marseille soap helps to relieve cramps and rheumatisms! Just place a piece of Marseille soap between the sheets, just at the bottom of the bed. Just as you can let it dry in your wardrobes and closets, it will remove the mites from your clothes and delicately scent your clothes.
How is he made?
The soap of Marseille La Corvette is made of boiler, according to a specific saponification process, called the Marseillais process, including 5 steps that take about a week to ten days:
-Step 1: or chemical reaction of saponification
In a boiler, oils or fatty acids are successively charged under moderate heating and soda laundry; the whole is boiled and the mass turns into emulsion.
-2nd step:the enlargement
As the soap is insoluble in salt water, this operation consists of adding marine salt in order to train excess soda laundry at the bottom of the boiler, the soap remaining above.
This operation characterizes saponification and allows the complete transformation of vegetable oils into soap.
The soap dough is refined by washing, resulting in glycerol, impurities and unspanted fatty acids.
A last wash with clear water brings the soap to the final state: a smooth and pure soap that makes the reputation of the Marseilles process.
Its composition: Sodium Olivate (Saponified Olive Oil), Sodium Cocoate (Saponified Coconut Oil), Aqua (water), Sodium Chloride (sel), Sodium Hydroxide (Custic Sprinkle).
Certification:Le Savon de Marseille La Corvette is a 100% natural product certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to the COSMOS repository.
Packaging to choose:Marseille soap dish of 300 grs or 500 grs.
The Bonus info:The weight indicated corresponds to the weight taken on fresh soap. By drying, the soap loses its water so its weight. The quality of the soap is better because it contains less water and a higher percentage of oil.
- Labels / certifications
- Labels / certifications
- Ideal for
- Ideal for
16 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: