Attracted by the smell of sweat and dirty clothes, the mites of clothing delay the beds to stay in the wardrobes. Their larvae feed on textile fibers and tick their cocoon, a source of disgraceful holes in our clothes and other home linen.
To detect the presence of mites of clothing, the ideal is of place these traps in your wardrobes, cupboards and drawers. You will know quickly if they are well present and can act to eliminate them.
Penn'Ty Bio Tips
- Do not store your clothes already worn in your wardrobes
- Get your storages from time to time
- Move the hangers of your wardrobe to create agitation
- Spend the vacuum cleaner on your closets
Additional protection consists of the establishment ofrepulsive diffuser hooks Ariesand to treat textiles using thespray Anti-Mites textiles Aries. Try to detect the infestation fireplace (natural fibre coating, cracks, slits, etc.) to destroy it with theinsecticide All Insects Aries.
Did you know?
The textile mite (Tineola biselliela) reaches a size of 4 to 9 mm for a size of about 4 mm. Its hindwings are golden-yellow, its hindwings of a satin greyish white. Females lay 100 to 200 eggs deposited directly on small or isolated textiles. The mite of clothes feeds on textiles, but also on keratin (poils, nail, horn...). You will spot it through the holes in the clothes used by the larvae to feed and weave their cocoon.
Direction of employment :
- Open the bag with scissors
- To open the trap: pull on the tongue to take off the top. Then remove the protection of the double adhesive against the back of the trap and place the trap to the desired place. Press the adhesive area with the fingers for a good fixation.
- To remove the protection from the glued surface, press with one finger the trap against the wall and lift the paper with a quick gesture.
- Attach both ends and place the tongue in the slot provided for this purpose.
- Control the trap at least once a week. Replace it after about 3 months. 1 trap by wardrobe is enough. It is best to have 2 in larger premises.
Remove adhesive just before use. Kapo recommends that you not leave the cabinets and drawers open. Avoid contact with wet fabric.
To learn more about the mite of clothes, please consult our thematic file.