Organic vegetable glycerin - 200 ml
At Penn'Ty Bio, we don't like waste! Instead of throwing our stock, we lowered the price of this product because the Minimal Durability Date (DDM, formerly DLUO) is exceeded. But no panic, this is an optimal date of use, so there is no danger to use them!
Anaé vegetable glycerin comes from the transformation of organic mustard and is guaranteed GMO-free. To be incorporated into your home cosmetics to provide smoothness and hydration to the skin. It improves the appearance of the skin, making it supple and smooth. In itself, an essential base! 200ml glass bottle.
At Penn'Ty Bio, we don't like waste! Rather than throwing away our stock, we have therefore lowered the price of this product because the Minimum Durability Date (DDM, formerly DLUO) has passed. But don't panic, this is an optimal use-by date, so there is no danger in using them !
Focus on vegetable glycerin
Surely you've heard of it before? Still called glycerol by its chemical name, glycerin is very often found in the formulation of moisturizers for the body, for the face, of hair products, but also in our medicines, in food, in antifreeze, in certain industries…and even in the manufacture of your homemade household products! It is one of the flagship products of DIY enthusiasts (do it yourself). Glycerin offers multiple advantages: Softening, humectant, helps to preserve your homemade macerates... The list is long!
Glycerin comes in the form of a fairly viscous and thick, colorless and odorless liquid. It is obtained by saponification of oils of vegetable origin. Saponification is the chemical reaction that produces soap. During this reaction, a fatty substance, associated with a strong base often sodium hydroxide, makes it possible to obtain soap but also another product: the famous glycerin.
Vegetable glycerin is a moisturizing agent for skin and hair. It incorporates very easily into your emulsions (milk creams), your shower gels, your shampoos... to which it brings a very soft touch. It will also allow you to make your own hydroglycerinated macerates of plants. Glycerin is ideal for all skin types, especially dry and dehydrated skin.
Vegetable glycerin is soluble in water and alcohol. It is not soluble in oil.
If you like to make your own cosmetics or use grandmother's tips in everyday life or for the household, vegetable glycerin is one of the essential bases.
Anaé glycerin comes from the processing of mustard. It is very pure and guaranteed without GMOs.
Properties of organic vegetable glycerin
- Humectant and hydrating : attracts water and therefore helps maintain the natural water content of the skin (hygroscopic properties)
- Skin protection : Its moisturizing and humectant properties help maintain a balance of the hydrolipidic film. The skin barrier will only be reinforced to protect the skin from external aggressions.
- Softener and emollient : Vegetable glycerin is an excellent emollient, that is to say that it softens and softens the skin but also the hair. It makes the treated areas more flexible
- Lubricant : It is often used as an excipient in pharmaceutical products such as cough syrups or suppositories for example.
- Solvent to improve the extraction of the active principles of the plants in the aqueous macerates of plants.
- Improves the preservation of aqueous plant macerates
- Stabilizer and thickener : In a cosmetic product, it can promote a certain stability to your product, especially in the case of emulsions.
Benefits of this vegetable glycerin
+ Perfect base to design your homemade cosmetics
+ Economical: you will need little to incorporate into your homemade preparations to provide the necessary hydration
+ Moisturizing, humectant, protective, emollient, thickening properties...
+ Made with organic mustard
+ Product certified by Ecocert
For what uses ?
- Moisturizing creams and milks
- Cleansing lotions
- Moisturizing gels
- Shower gels
- Shampoos, conditioners, hair masks and styling products
- Lip balms for a moisturizing and shiny effect
- Hydroglycerinated macerates of plants
Use vegetable glycerin in practice
In cosmetics, vegetable glycerin must be used diluted on the skin at the risk of causing irritation or slight allergies. Incorporate glycerin into the aqueous phase of your cosmetic preparations before emulsion. Add 1 to 10% of the total weight of your preparation.
- In emulsions (creams, milks) : mix the glycerin with the aqueous phase before emulsification. Recommended dosage: 1 to 8% (of the total weight of the preparation)
- In (oily) lip balms : incorporate glycerin, shaking well while the balm is cooling, so as to disperse the glycerin well in the balm. Recommended dosage: 1 to 10%
- In shower gels and shampoos : add glycerin to the surfactant mixture. Recommended dosage: 1 to 10%
- In hydroglycerinated plant macerates : use a water/glycerin mixture as maceration solvent. Recommended dosage: 10 to 70% - the higher the percentage of glycerin, the better the macerate will be able to keep even in the absence of preservative (over 50-60% glycerin), but a high level of glycerin will limit the percentage of introduction of your macerate in your preparations
Tip for the dosage of glycerin
In products intended to be left on the skin (creams, milks, leave-on lotions), an overdose of glycerine (over 10%) could have a drying effect on the skin, contrary to the desired effect. Moreover, beyond 10%, glycerine will generally give an unpleasant sticky feel. For a face cream with a good moisturizing action and a pleasant touch, we recommend a dosage of 2 to 5% vegetable glycerin.
You can increase this dosage up to 8% for specific treatments with a very softening effect on rough areas such as hands and feet. If you make a hydroglycerin macerate containing 50% glycerin, you can use your macerate up to a maximum of 20% in your cosmetic preparations so as not to exceed 10% glycerin in the preparation.
I start with some cosmetics based on vegetable glycerin
1 - Flower gentle shower gel
In a container of at least half a liter, mix the essential oils with the glycerin, then add the Anaé neutral washing base, mixing with a wooden spoon. Then add the rose water
Ingredients : 250 ml of Anaé neutral cleansing base, 1 tbsp of organic vegetable glycerin, 10 drops of Petitgrain bigarade essential oil, 10 drops of Geranium rosat essential oil, 2 tbsp of rose water. Preparation time: 5 minutes - Storage: up to 3 months.
2 - After sun milk
Melt the beeswax with the organic camelina oil in a bain-marie until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Off the heat, add the organic glycerin, vitamin E preservative and lavender essential oil. Incorporate the water by pouring it slowly, while gently mixing with a whisk until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Continue to mix until the mixture has completely cooled. Transfer to your pump bottle.
Ingredients : For about 100 ml of milk: 120 ml of organic camelina oil, 2 teaspoons (shaved approx. 5 g) of organic beeswax, 35 ml of spring water, chamomile hydrosol or of orange blossom, 6 ml (1 full teaspoon) of organic vegetable glycerin, 10 drops of Vitamin E antioxidant preservative, 20 drops of true lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia). Preparation time: 20 minutes - Storage: up to 1 month.
3 - Moisturizing milk
Melt the beeswax with the organic camelina oil in a bain-marie until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Off the heat, add the organic glycerin, wheat germ oil and lavender essential oil. Gently incorporate the hydrosol. This step is the most important for obtaining milk. Transfer to your jar. You will get a multipurpose milk that will hydrate and nourish the skin of the whole family.
Ingredients : 60 ml of organic camelina oil, 2 teaspoons of organic beeswax, 6 ml (1 full teaspoon) of organic vegetable glycerin, 1/2 teaspoon of wheat germ oil, 20 drops of true lavender essential oil and 35 ml of rose hydrosol. Preparation time: 15 minutes - Storage: up to 1 month.
4 - Moisturizing cleansing milk
Melt the beeswax and pour the mixture into a bowl then incorporate the organic vegetable glycerin and add the organic camelina oil, stirring gently to make the preparation homogeneous. Place the bowl in a bain-marie and gently cool the mixture. Also warm the rose water using the same process. Remove the bowl containing the oily mixture. It should not be too hot, in order to avoid the degradation of omega 3 contained in camelina oil. Pour the lukewarm rose water into the oily mixture and beat vigorously to obtain an emulsion. You can use a hand blender for convenience. Add the rose geranium essential oil and stir gently. Your cleansing milk is ready. You can pour it into a small glass jar or spray for its use. This treatment preserves the radiance of your skin and hydrates it perfectly for the night. It will be radiant the next morning. You can finish your make-up removal by passing a washable cotton soaked in rose water to gently remove the excess make-up remover.
Ingredients : 100 ml (6 tbsp) of organic camelina oil, 2 tbsp of organic beeswax, 60 ml of rose water (4 tbsp), 2 tbsp of organic vegetable glycerin, 15 drops of essential oil of Rose geranium. Preparation time: 15 minutes - Storage: up to 1 month.
5 - Glycerin as a maintenance product
Vegetable glycerin will also be effective for your domestic tasks: stains, for laundry and for cleanliness.
Difficult stains : Pour 1 drop of pure glycerin on a stain of tea, wine, red fruit, lipstick, mold or ink (even on leather). Leave on for an hour then wash as normal.
Chrome or glass : Soak a clean cloth in 1 liter of water with a teaspoon of glycerin. Then scrub your clean taps, or clean exterior windows, or the windows of the shower… Limescale will no longer settle there, until the cleaning project!
Delicate laundry by hand : To wash delicate laundry, woollens and make the fabric softer and more supple, it is possible to mix a little vegetable glycerin with shavings of Marseille soap in a basin of water. The glycerin will help relax the fibers. So if you add a few drops of glycerin to your washing water, your woolen sweater that was stiff or felted will become soft and supple again.
Glycerin. Raw material origin: India. Manufacturing: France.
Certified 96.7% organic by Ecocert Greenlife according to the COSMOS standard available at htpp://COSMOS.ecocert.com.
Origin of glycerin : vegetable, animal or synthetic
200 ml recyclable glass bottle and PP flip cap.
Precautions for use
Store away from humidity, heat and light. Close the bottle tightly after use. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not swallow. Keep out of reach of children.
Learn more about the Anaé brand
Anaé® is the range of products dedicated to the toilet and hygiene of the whole family, in an ecological and economical version. Anaé ressources® is the line of basic ingredients allowing you to make a certain number of hygiene products yourself.
– the products are simple, adaptable to multiple uses and customizable according to the desires of the moment (essential oils, glycerin, etc.).
– Anaé ressources® products are composed of natural minerals and vegetable ingredients totally from French organic farming. The cosmetic products are Cosmos Organic certified.
– Anaé® textile products in organic cotton (discs to remove make-up, massage gloves, terry towels) are GOTS certified, for the respect of the environment and people.
The “most”: part of the loofah from the Anaé® range comes from Benin where Ecodis has initiated a solidarity agrobiology project to cultivate the plant at the origin of this vegetable sponge.
- Labels / certifications
- 200 ml
- What you need for :
- After sun lotion
- What you need for :
- Moisturising cleansing milk
- What you need for :
- Gentle floral shower gel
- What you need for :
- Moisturising milk
You might also like
16 other products in the same category:
Customers who bought this product also bought: